Manufacturing Representatives for the Plumbing Industry since 1953
Goodman Sales was founded in 1953 by Herman Goodman and his son, Arthur. In 1976 Pete Goodman joined the organization, and one year later Pete’s brother, Howard, came on board. Originally, the business occupied a small 1,500 square foot warehouse in Harrison, NJ. After ten years of growth, Goodman Sales moved to a 15,000 square foot warehouse in Kearny, NJ; and seventeen years later, moved to our current facility of 80,000 square feet in North Arlington, NJ.
Territory & Relationships:
Goodman Sales serves metropolitan New York City, Rockland, Orange and Sullivan Counties and Long Island. We also serve northern New Jersey. Goodman Sales has cultivated tremendous relationships with wholesalers and contractors throughout the area.
Originally, Goodman Sales handled only commodity lines, primarily valves and fittings. Over the years, we have diversified to a comfortable combination of shelf, spec and showroom lines. Diversification is a necessary ingredient for survival.
Our corporate credo is “Built on quality; still growing on service.” This sums up what we are all about.
We are very careful when choosing a line to represent, because that line will ultimately become a benchmark on how our customers rate our agency.
This is the cornerstone of our agency. We have a fully trained staff of inside and outside sales people as well as a fleet of trucks.
New technology is always on our minds. We recently made an investment in a new computer system, which will allow us to grow in the new century. The computer system also has the ability to do time management for our outside sales force, which has become a very effect management tool.
We are proud of our record as representatives for leading industry manufacturers. In many instances we enjoy many decades of successful partnership. Below are a few highlights of our success…
- Exceeded quota with Elkhart Products Corporation 22 out of the last 30 years, as well as being the leading rep in market penetration. And most recently, the number one rep in the country for sales dollars of a new product launch.
- Exceeded quota with Brasscraft Corporation 19 of the last 22 years.
- Increased sales with Legend Valve every year for the last 8 years.
- Had 4 times the national average in market penetration for the R&G Sloane Co.
- Has seen sales growth with Plastic Trends every year for the last ten years.
- Goodman Sales is the only agency to receive the “Rep of the Year” award from the Plumbing Supply Group and the North Jersey Credit & Trade Group (1994).
- Exceeded sales quota with Lasco Fittings for the last 3 years.
- Was the first Legend Hydronic Rep to secure an order for heating manifolds.